Friday, April 23, 2010

Quick as Ash Curry.

Woot!!!School is almost over!!!! I am happy though sad, I feel like its the end of things despite the fact I will be back in the Fall , then in the Spring I am off to Kansai Gaidai!!!

 

Here is the dinner I just cooked, I wish I could show you pictures I need to get a camera!!!

 

Ash's Quick Curry for 2


Ingredients:

 

6-10 shrimp (large or medium)

1/2 cup onion chopped finely

1/2 cup potato finely chopped (sweet or Yukon is best)

1/2 cup of other veggies

2 cloves of garlic
1 green chilli
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp turmeric
½ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp ground coriander
1 tsp tomato purée
¼ tsp garam masala or 1 tsp curry paste


Directions:

Step 1:  Add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Then add the chopped onion, garlic, and potatoes. fry for 2 minutes.

Step 2: Add Shrimp/Chicken and continue to fry for 5 to 6 minutes. The Shrinp/chicken will start to cook, and turn entirely white on the outside.

Step 3: Add veggies and chilli: Stir. Carry on frying gently over a medium heat, until everything is golden brown, which takes 2 to 3 minutes. 

Step 4: Add spices to the pan. Stir well.

Step 5: Add 1 teaspoon of tomato purée, and 1/4 teaspoon of garam masala or curry paste.

Stir, and fold in yogurt  into the mixture.

Step 6: Mix for half a minute more and then serve on RICE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment