Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 3 Taiwan - The Spa

Day Three: Taiwan

WE WENT TO THE SPA!!! Actually it was a Hot Springs.. but still it was amazing.

Did I mention that I like water? I don't really know how to describe it, beyond it was amazing, out doors. Actually I do, and will describe it. YAY for contradicting sentences! It was far out from the city of Taipei but not as far as the beach, and we stopped on the way at a shopping area with lots of pottery, did some shopping and made potter, but I will talk about that later, so I am not sure how long it took us to get there. we changed into our bathing suits, and then walked out to the outdoor spas.We only went into one 'set' of 'springs' which were pools with different types of water each with 'special' properties that are suppose to help the body in one way. There was salt water, different temperature ones, ones with high 03 contents and ones with jets meant to massage you. Charlie said we will get massages at the end of the week. I am excited. back on topic we go. My personal masochist favorite was the ice cold water one, at a mere two degrees Celsius it was killer, you couldn't breath, then you had a little pain, and finally you went numb. It was amazing. And you could feel your blood flowing better after that, and you felt like you could run forever and not feel pain for the first five minutes after it.That was tons of fun and I also broke half out of my little, the world is safer if you don't know or care about any one else shell.

On to the earlier events of the day before the spa. we stopped at first at a pottery museum that would let you make pottery but Charlie must have got some information wrong, because they were closed on Mondays. wow its Monday only? It still hurts my head, I feel so comfy in Taiwan that I feel like I have been here longer... So then we hopped back on the bus and headed to a long street with lots of handcraft stores, most being pottery, and or woodcraft stores. I bought two tea cups and another food bowl. I think I am beginning to hit the point were I have a collection of the them. I got all three in the is dark green with a rusty/earthy red undertone, with some tree fruit on them. Its really pretty, while Charlie was looking for a place that might allow customers to make their own pottery if they wished. Charlie being Charlie found one, and we went off to do that. we each got to make two pieces, one on the pottery wheels, and one on the tables, and we got to keep one of them, the company was going to fire and glaze them and we will get them later. I made a bowl or I should say the guy who was helping made the bowl after he decided my bowl was too crooked and I wouldn't want it. I was a bit annoyed. I also made a frog. I kept the frog, its not really really pretty but I like it a lot.

I woke up late, and apologized to jake for being an evil bitch the night before. I was a little sun burned but a lot of sun poisoned it seemed. Didn't have breakfast. So life failed a bit this morning.

Well, I am going off to find food and see what there is to do, I wrote this up while I was drying my hair. I really wished I could find an adapter for my computer plug so I can charge it. If anything so I can type this all up, because I am not sure if I will have time when I get back to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment