Day Four: taiwan
TODAY WAS Super long. Seriously super long. I am drunk right now so I apologize to the me of three days from now trying to read this, the handwriting will suck. Its perfectly legal in Taiwan, and I am not drunk just really tired and having half of a coke and Rum shot down my throat all of twenty minutes ago. I felt bad if I didn't drink it all, so I basically shot it down. YAY for stupid decisions. I should be drunker, but I have a high tolerate. SHHHH don't tell anyone this. It takes a lot to get me drunk and I have to be plastered to get mean. Shhhh...
What happened to day? Well the day started off with a really really long drive to the Gaint Bike company, which was a quite boring event to say the best. They were not really prepared for us to ask intelligent questions, or to have any real knowledge of the biking world. My questions about their marketing for lifestyle (basically bikes meant for daily travel) in the U.S. They seemed confused. They gave me a spill about mountian bikes marketing instead. OH well. The interesting parts of the day occurred after. Starting with Lunch... I really don't know what to say about Lunch. It was amazing, scary, interesting, and both delisous and disgusting all at the same time. OHHH and I had Mochi, strawberry Mochi for the first time. OH my god I love the stuff. There was so much stuff and I can only remember some of it. There was the first course of Six, of which I remember the really yum salad with squid and raw shrimp in it. That was good. I remember the Chicken soup with the chicken spurs in it. turns out Spurs turn black when you cook them, who KNEW? It was quite unappealing and then there was lots and lots of more food, but those where the ones that stood out.
That was followed by stopping off at this Saxaphone/jazz museum in the same town, where the first Taiwanese Saxaphone and one of the most famous Saxaphone companies in the world began. It was pretty cool, we met one of the granddaughters of the maker of the first Taiwanese Saxaphone who is one of four, that are world famous as a quartet. She played with Meghan who as a Music major had learned the Saxaphone last semester. I was much more impressed with Meghan than I was witht the Famous woman. Meghan played for us six plus songs, most of them songs that you don't learn until you have beenplaying for years at school on an instrustment she had learned to play for a few weeks!!!! that is impressive. Though anyone brave enough to teach, much less music has already impressed me. I don't see how you can do it.
This was followed by going to a Winery. I wasn't impressed much by the wine, tastes like a few of the cheap local wines, that just barely created alchohol taste, I have had in the US, maybe a bit sweeter in a weird way, but not very interesting; Though I found the winery and its processi quite interesting. I actually liked the Grape juice they served after the wine tasting much better. It was sweet in that weird way, but very very smooth and had a pleasant lingering favor.
That was followed by a love hotel, yes we went to a love hotel. That was... interesting? We had a private under the room garage so we would have ultimate privatice, we got the largest room they had, with a pool, spa, hot tub and large screen TV, a King sized bed, a number of chaises, and massage chair. Very interesting. We were all there by the way, nothing sketchy. Some of us did Karoke, we swam and general hung out for three hours, then head back to the hotel, and then some of us, maybe sixteen of us(?) went out to go clubbing. That failed, because you have to have real shoes (not flipflops) and had to have long pants and or skirts on. NO shorts allowed, so we ended up at a empty bar save us and playing pool and talking. It was fun. Danny and ANdrea started making out and left quite early. ^.- I hope it doesn't haunt her or us later. They both seemed a bit drunk. I think it will be alright though
and then I rode back to the hotel with some people... and am writing this, its four am now, damn it. I need some sleep. NIGHt ^.^
No comments:
Post a Comment