I am suppose to be doing my Homework but instead I am posting to my empty blog.
Life is changing I feel it, and by bob, I am nervous. Every time I think about it all I feel my stomach twist into knots.
I don't know why, but its only since school has started that I feel like 'YES I am an international business student!' I have been saying it with my lips but my mind has just now decided to believe it. It makes me happy and nervous. I don't have a plan but I think its okay, it will work out, I just need to work hard, enjoy it all, and every thing will be fine. I never felt that way about Geology, it worried me to death ever minute of everyday if I even thought about it, even though I had a plan, and I hated it. When I think about my major, all I see is the hard but interesting work that it will be. I don't wish I wasn't thinking about it. Though I am avoiding doing my homework in the way that everyone does until they actually start working on it.
In other news, my friend, Sean, began his semester at Kansai Gaidai in Osaka, Japan. He seems to love it, though I miss him so much, and I am afraid of what will happen when he comes back. Some of my other friends came back this semester from going their own ways from the school, and things are so different. I can not tell if its that they change so much or if it all me, but things are the same, I don't care as much about them personality wise anymore, some days they down right annoy me, and I get the feeling that they don't like me much anymore.
I am happy that I am growing, but for the first time in my life I feel a bit of sadness because we are growing apart and we can't stop it, and I know one day I will wake up and no there is nothing between us but memories.
I like my room mate, We don't have much in common, but we seem to get along personality wise, and we don't spend too much time together but we can talk when we need to or want to, which is way better than my last two room mates.
I am starting to go to the Aikido club, though last week was a failure, because I strained my wrist, so I could not go. I feel bad but honestly I was feeling horrible.
I have been trying to work on my personality, mainly by taking more interest in the people around me. Not doing so good, though I have come up with a chant that I have been randomly saying in my head when I realize I am not being the person I want to be. Which I am putting in below.
I need to start my homework, now, I feel happy and I have posted for the first time in months, I will try to post every week from now on, I apologize for not doing so this summer to any of my readers who have been waiting.
The chant of mine, supposedly its famous, but I just like it for what it says, all I know is the terms in it are Japanese:
I have no parents; I make the heavens and the earth my parents,
I have no home; I make 'saika tanden' (abdominal region) my home.
I have no divine power; I make honesty my divine power.
I have no means; I make docility my means.
I have no magic power; I make personality my magic power.
I have neither life nor death; I make 'a um' (art of regulating one's breath) my life and death.
I have no body; I make stoicism my body.
I have no eyes; I make the flash of lightening my eyes.
I have no ears; I make sensibility my ears.
I have no limbs; I make promptitude my limbs.
I have no laws; I make self - protection my laws.
I have no strategy; I make 'sakkatsu jizai' (free to kill and free to restore life) my strategy.
I have no designs; I make 'kisan' (taking opportunity by the forelock ) my designs.
I have no miracles; I make righteous laws my miracles.
I have no principles; I make 'rinkiohen' (adaptability to all circumstances my principles.
I have no tactic; I make 'kyojitsu' (emptiness and fullness) my tactics.
I have no talent; I make 'toi skumyo' (ready wit) my talent.
I have no friends; I make my mind my friend.
I have no enemy; I make incautiousness my enemy.
I have no armor; I make 'jin-gi' (benevolence and righteousness) my armor.
I have no castle; I make ' fudoshin' (immovable mind) my castle.
I have no sword; I make 'mushin' (absence of mind) my sword
WOW! I wondered where your friend Sean got his writing skills and style. I still don't know, but I can see he isn't the only one. Have you considered being an author? I am a things person vs a people person as are most mathematicians. But I wish I had your feelings and awareness of other people.
ReplyDeleteAsk Sean who I am.
lol
ReplyDelete