Saturday, March 27, 2010

Studying?!? Oh yeah, I was going to do that...

Today was proof of my inability to follow through with plans.

THE PLAN: Study for my International Economics Midterm a Timed DO as much as you can essay test!! Via studying his 20+ page Study guide (all 30 questions so not bad).

WHAT HAPPENED:

I got my car.
Told my mother about the stalker issue finally
I watched HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON (in theaters)
went grocery shopping
Made a hot Spinach, Mushroom swiss sandwich.
Took a nap
Made Shrimp Vegetable Udon (recipe below)

So Studying hasn't happened and its 7 pm and I think I will go to bed early tonight. Though I might be awesome and go print off the study guide tonight at the PSU.I think I am more annoyed at the idea of having to add money to the stupid card for printing.

So RECIPE: Not really but hey:


Ingredients

  • Onions- sliced into thin slices and then cut in half length wise (two servings)
  • florets Broccoli - two servings worth ( I use frozen)
  • carrots- sliced thinly (two servings)
  • Shrimp - deviened and shelled (two servings)
  • Mushrooms- two servings
  • Soy sauce- about two/three tablespoons
  • Honey - about 1 teaspoon
  • Water - about 4 tablespoons
  • ginger - to taste
  • Udon- One bundle
  • oil 

  • One Bowl for mixing
  • One pot
  • water for boiling
  • one pan

Instructions: 

  1. Mix Soy sauce, ginger, water, and Honey together in bowl. Stir until Honey dissolves.
  2. Mix in vegetables and Shrimp. Mix under all are covered in mixture
  3. Let sit for five minutes. 
  4. Separate the mushrooms, broccoli and Shrimp from the root veggies by placing on different sides of the bowl.
  5. Start the water in the pan for cooking udon on high. 
  6. Turn the heat on medium under the pan/skillet that is oiled. 
  7. When pan is heated, put in the root vegetables, stirring occasionally for two to three minutes, until they begin to become transparent.
  8. Throw in the shrimp, mushrooms, and broccoli. NOT THE SAUCE.
  9. At this point, the udon water should be hot. throw in udon, 
    stir both pots occasionally for three minutes.
  10. Drain udon. leave in pan.
  11. Add Sauce to the stirfry.
  12. Once the sauce is being to boil, throw in the udon and until covered.
  13. Serve hot and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment