This is one of those side, what in the world is she thinking posts, that I felt like posting, so yeah ignore if you are not interested in my awesome psycho thought process.
Today, was a nice day. I got my snow sundae yesterday, along with some Chicken nuggets from McD's. I know horrible for me. Its going to kill me so much faster than I am already dying. For dinner last night, I had yogurt, carrots, olives, mozzarella and a baguette. It made me so happy. Its was so good. Because of my wonderful light Mediterranean dinner last night, I woke up in a really foodie mood. Spent way to much of today, looking over food blogs and recipes for my own good. Especially since I should have been studying for my exam later this week. For those who might want to yell at me I did do some studying, and I did my Economics extra credit assignment.
SO when it was time for dinner planning today, I wanted some real cooked food. the healthy good stuff I cooked myself and was warm. I had some already defrosting ginger garlic steak in my fridge, so I decide making Ramen was a good idea. So I ran over to the cafetera picked up some fresh-ish mushrooms, carrots and red onion to go in it. I had really wanted to put spinach in it as, I have heard raving reviews of it from some of my favorite bloggers with the same food tastes as me. But hey we can't get everything we want in life, now can we?
So I was down in the Kitchen of East cooking. I had two stove tops, one for grilling the meat in my pan with, then making 'beef broth' from the residue in the pan, to steam the vegetables in/ serve the ramen in and the pot I was cooking the ramen in. Once the ramen was cooked, I then dumped out most of the water, threw in the beef broth, along with some soy sauce, chili powder and a dash of curry powder. Brought it to a boil, then flash cooked the vegetables in the boiling water. I then arranged the ramen, beef, and vegetables in the bowl before putting it in the broth in. It was so pretty. Though I felt the broth was a bit too much, as it completely covered the ramen.
HERE is where I get all annoyed. I decide to sit down in the dinning room. One of the kids who had been getting a drink when I was in the kitchen cooking comes up to me. Asking the question everyone seems to ask me when ever I cook. So what did you cook. With that weird, questioning, curiosity look, of some half afraid to find out what it is. {which by the way I notice that doesn't seem to happen to lots of other people, so why do I always get the strange looks, huh?}
I say "Beef ramen." He then proceeds to blast me for trying to say what I was eating ramen. Ramen could not possible have vegetables and meat in it. OH DARE I called what I was eating Ramen. I should not bastardize the American college food with such things. I was stupid. He said this in a calm, you are so silly, and ignorant way.
I processed to inform him about the history of Ramen, and that he was in fact the ignorant one, and technically the way I was having my ramen was more correct than his instant college food way of eating ramen was. He left, in that I am over my head RETREAT! RETREAT! kind of way. It was quite cute. ^W^ I swear I am not evil.
It was quite funny, and I wanted to share the humor of it, along with having some where I will randomly see it and go Haha! I remember that day!
Hope everyone has a great day.
LiLi
P.S. How weird is it that my favorite yogurt toppings is a chili powder garlic mix? I was in one of my foodie forums, and mentioned it, and the forum came alive with conversation. Seems this is really odd, well for an American/Western Society person to say so. I few of the Mideastern members of the forum said it was common (maybe not a favorite) in their areas. SO I was wondering what my friend think of this. What is your favorite topping for yogurt?
I dislike yogurt for the most part... But that sounds pretty good. I prefer cottage cheese with Lawry's seasoning salt or pepper on top. NOMNOMNOM.
ReplyDelete