I found some "old" poetry of mine from this summer/ last semester (not sure which), and though hey, I haven't posted lately and it fits all that is going on.
Poem 1
Today, you called me.
You voice was its normal friendly self too bad you weren't.
You asked ever so sweetly for me
to explain the greatest of mysteries
you sought me to teach you the secrets
that plague every mind since time began.
Did you ask me for the purpose
to all the beautiful things that the universe has?
Did you ask what began this amazing cycle of life?
No, these you didn't ask me so sweetly
that I could almost forget how far you were
You didn't ask about Death who's voice calls us all
You asked me to explain something I have never seen.
You asked me to know what I can never know.
That voice that tastes of honey,
asked me for the keys to another's heart
What was I to say?
That there is no keys at all,
there is merely a window to peer in?
And you can't even peer into mine,
so clearly laying before you.
No comments:
Post a Comment