This is one of those kinds of silly, identity things, but I cultural identify myself as a music listener/appreciators. Seems weird, I guess, but everyone else in my family all the way to my fifth cousins are musically inclined, they all play at least one instrument and can sing a least a bit. I CAN NOT DO ANYTHING THAT DOESN’T SOUND LIKE SOMETHING DYING. I am seriously not musical inclined. It took met years to realize that I shouldn’t try to make music because it was not my forte. The Crown of my flute is a remind of Mr. Connor (who was a fed living next door working on busting a drug ring, it was weird), who told me that not being able to make music and appreciate it was an important part of culture and that it was my responsibility to listen to those who did, when he found my flute crown when I lost it because I was crying at the fact I got kicked out of band in middle school. And I listen to music, I don’t particular remember a band or group or even one type of music. I listen to everything and take every song as an individual moment of human expression. My ‘tastes’ run from R&B to Bubble gum, Mozart to techno, rock in all forms, Musicals, classical pieces of European descent to African drum stories to Ballywood film music. I listen to pretty much anything as long as the music is ‘clean’ of hate messages.

No comments:
Post a Comment